Thursday, November 18, 2010

And it Begins!

Its finally happening!! For a few years now I have wanted to start brewing my own beer, well thanks to my good friend Alice and her brother JJ (who I have never met, but was inspired by his success) I went out to Brewstock, a local company in New Orleans to buy my brewing kit. After talking to the owner Aaron, he took me around the store and made me believe I could do this. I collected everything I could, and after paying the bill (which was way more than I expected) I have now set out to be the best brewer ever or at least better than Carly!!!

I will post pictures during all of the different steps, but right now all I have is the basics.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see another one taken into the fold... good luck on the adventure!

    http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

    Just one question:
    What's the first brew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is the JJ you mentioned. I'm sure you'll have a great time brewing (and will spend more than you anticipated). I've used a kit from the same brand you have (but just the ingredients) and had really great results, so I'm sure it was worth the expense.

    Good luck. Oh, and if you want to read about my brewing, you can do so here: www.kenyonstreetbrewery.com

    JJ

    ReplyDelete